Tuesday, March 04, 2008

black superdelegates and the choices they make...

Black superdelegates have a hard choice to make according to the conventional wisdom. Even though I am totally in support of Senator Barack Obama, I understand the ability for the black superdelegates to choose as they see fit. I don't agree with the threats or cattiness that some Clinton supporters have faced especially since civil rights activist and current Rep. John Lewis (D-GA) switched his allegiances from Senator Clinton to Senator Obama. For once, I agree with local rep. Stephanie Tubbs Jones:

I'm not trying to be a martyr. I think Senator Clinton is the best candidate. And the beauty of the United States of America is you have the right to have your opinion, and I have the right to my opinion.
Source: MSNBC

1 comment:

Bex said...

Just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you should. That applies to superdelegates like STJ. She made her bed with Hillbot, so she's stuck. She's making it bigger than what it really is. I agree with JLewis; although he's not bound to side with his constiuents, an effective leader certainly ought to consider the views of his or her constituency. This country is full of bad ideas, and the superdelegate is one of them.