Friday, October 13, 2006

"Not So" Ugly Betty...

Salma Hayek had an idea...let's bring the telenovela to the American audience. She also had another idea...I want America to be the lead...as in America Ferrera. Anything that has her in it makes it something I want to see. I LOVED Real Women Have Curves.

But, Ugly Betty?!?!

I can't even think of America Ferrera in the same breath as ugly. She has done great, classy work even though she's only 22. She also had this to say about weight (from IMDB):

"I think Hispanic women are beautiful with their curves. I'm not sure who feels that way in Hollywood. I was never told to lose 50 pounds. If they think that they just don't bother with you. You just don't get the role and you never know why. That's still better than physically harming yourself and becoming unhealthy just to star in a movie."

Curves are comforting. Curves make you wish for rainy nights and cold, lazy days...but that's another post. I will be checking out Ugly Betty online and watch live (hopefully) next week.

No comments: